Middle Cottage in brief
DETAILS AND FEATURES SUMMARY
Middle Cottage, Post Office Green, LLANMADOC, NORTH WEST GOWER, WALES, SA3 1DE
- Simply as good a location/position as you could ask for for a holiday break.
- Situated right in the heart of Llanmadoc, close to Cwm Ivy National Trust walks/woods, and three nature reserves.
- Helpful, relaxed, friendly, informative host guests living next door in Gower Cottage. We leave out guests get on with it unless you need something - pop in for a cuppa and a good 'natter' about Gower etc during your stay.
- Sleeps 5 in two bedrooms in comfort.
- 2 bedrooms, Three beds including: Bedroom 1 - Kingsize bed. Bedroom 2 - one single bed and one 4ft [threequarter] bed.
- Dining room with a quality table, 6 fine chairs, rocking chair, and bookcase and CD player & DAB radio.
- Flagstone floor yellow cream stone. (With some rugs to soften the flooring up).
- Downstairs bathroom, with electric shower over (new steel enamel) bath, sink and WC. (also includes asher/dryer).
- Worcester/Bosch Heatstar Greenslave 18/25 Combi Boiler Central Heating system (fitted spring 2008) hence constant hot water for nice candle lit bath after a long day walking! Heat the cottage as much as you like!
- New 6ft high Hotpoint frost free larder fridge / freezer (three large freezer compartments).
- 900mm wide CAPLE Gas six burner stainless steel cooker, with large oven, multi-setting convection oven, and grill. (also rotisserie).
- Full size Bosch dishwasher in the kitchen.
- Hotpoint 8kg Washing Machine /seperate White Knight Tumble Dryer.
- Minor but helpful extras sych as salt/pepper, t-towels, j-cloths/wipes, towels, bedding, kitchen roll, toilet roll, cleaning liquids etc. all provided, fully inclusive.
- 7 mins walk to the local real ale pub and excellent pub food / Sunday lunches
- 15-20 min walking distance to the beach/woods. (Middle Cottage has some limited views of the sea from bedrooms).
- Only 10-12 mins drive to other beaches at Port Eynon or Horton, Oxwich Bay or Llangennith (great surfing), 15 mins to Three Cliffs Bay or 20 mins by car to Caswell, Langland.
- Quality bed linen provided
- Available to let all year round - 12 months and short breaks / weekends
- Short breaks for 2/3 nights available Nov-Feb incl.
- Arrivals after 4pm, departures 10.30am
- Sorry but no smoking
- All in one Hotpoint 8kg Washer/dryer, Bosch fullsize dishwasher
- Two further bespoke tumble dryers in garage.
- Quality microwave oven, ceramic 4 plate hob, CAPLE electric oven/grill,
- Ironing board and iron, hairdryers
- Quality Le Creuset pots and pans and decent "Denby Merlot" & "Denby Calm" crockery
- Electric/gas, cleaning materials/toilet roll etc obviously included in the price
- Satellite HD TV, DVD&BluRay player, widescreen tv, with movies and Sky Sports - relax and watch movies, F1 racing, the golf, rugby football, tennis or cricket - you're on holiday! Also ESPN (formerly Setanta) Sports.
- WIFI broadband. (Bring the laptop)
- Lounge sits 5-6 comfortably on three brown or cream leather sofas - reading lights provided
- Gas BBQ on rear sun patio (free gas bottles provided as well as free logs - no penny pinching here!)
- Parking at the rear of the cottage in drive for at least 2 cars
- 2 mins walk out of back gate to the Village shop, 10 mins drive to Knelston petrol station and bakery/shop/PO.
- A scenic idyllic 1.5km walk via country lane (downhill) to Whiteford / Llanmadoc [25 mins normal pace walk to start of sand-dunes/top of beach and woodlands and a further 10 mins to the water if tide is out]
- The beach is sweeping and perhaps 2 miles long extending from Broughton and Bluepool cliffpath at west end, east around three Tors (rocky promentory headlands), then around an L shaped sandy sweep then a further mile or so out to Whiteford Lighthouse and point (pick your own mussels when the month has an 'r' in it). The beach is almost entirely sandy and water is shallow shelving. Anglers catch Bass and Founder here, some Dabs and Plaice, even Black Bream, and Seals regularly spotted in the waves at Llanmadoc Beach and off Whitefore Lighthouse.
- There are extensive marin grass sand dunes at the high water mark of the beach for almost the entire sweep including very large (i.e. raised high) dunes above the Whiteford Beach end towards the lighthouse, fun for setting up picnic camp for the day with raised view over the bay. Also fun "bumsliding" down sloping dunes down onto the beach below. These raised dunes run for over a mile and form the beach boundary around which walkers with dogs stroll along the water edge. The views here are beautiful and you will be stunned at how few people there are here other than a few holiday makers staying in local cottages, one or two caravan site guests/owners,and the odd local couple walking the dog.
- Behind the sand dunes at Whiteford/Llanmadoc, there are pine woods, and coastal scrub / marin grass, with sheep and cattle wandering, on a 2 mile x 1 mile peninsula sticking out into Burry Estuary (Berges' Island' / Whiteford Peninsula National Trust including several Nature Reserves incl a marine Nature reserve and Bird Hide Hut right out).
- The very most extreme end of the Whiteford Peninsula has a lighthouse (one end) and a birdhut and sand spit on the other with a very exposed almost completely deserted beach and woods facing due north west. This beach is truly stunning and you will see welsh black cattle wander in and out of the pine woods onto the beach
- The area (incl Whiteford Peninsula) is a Birdwatchers paradise - Merlins, Greater Spotted & Green Woodpeckers, Goldfinches, stonechats, Redwings, Grey Herons, Oystercatchers, Lapwings, Plover, green/Redshank, Sanderlings, Marsh and Willow Tits, many waders, Fieldfare and redwings in winter, Redpolls sometimes spotted, and Yellow and Grey Wagtails in local woods and streams such as at Cheriton Pill.
- Surfing for the kids (or parents!) off the beach - albeit Llangennith is better than Llanmadoc for this most times. Kayaking best undertaken from Oxwich Beach (park to edge) but we do see some locals incl. caravaners from Whiteford Bay Caravan site take Kayaks out and around to Burry Holm or Bluepool.
- Hill walking available over Llanmadoc Hill, and to Rhossili Down or Llangennith from the cottage
- Superb idyllic spot away from it all and not too close to more touristy areas of Gower (e.g. Rhossili Village, Llangennith Beach) but close enough to get to them if you want
- Your Dog/s are welcome - [but always by agreement on booking].
Tel: 01792 386668 (home) or 07990 522250 (Heather)
Wagtails Seaside Apartment in brief
Simply as good a location/position as you could ask for for a holiday break.
Situated right in the heart of Llanmadoc, close to Cwm Ivy National Trust walks/woods, and three nature reserves
1 bedroom, one Double bed, and one leather sofabed in lounge
Sleeps 2 in the bedroom, plus up to two kids (or one adult) on the sofabed.
Rear patio, and seperate good sized private rear garden. (See photos gallery) - small garden summer shed to sit inside on leather armchair and listen to the radio
Lounge/Diner room with a rustic pine table, and 4 chairs, and bookcase and CD player & DAB radio.
All set out on the ground floor with a bathroom, bedroom, and lounge diner/kitchen
Bathroom has mixer shower over new white enamel steel bath, new sink and standard (traditional mains sewer) Loo.
Worcester/Bosch Heatstar Greenslave 25-32 Combi Boiler Central Heating system (fitted spring 2008) hence constant hot water - on most of the day and evening
Oil filled portable (plug in) radiator in lounge should you need more heating during day time.
3-4 mins walk to the local real ale pub and excellent pub food / Sunday lunches
5-10 min walking distance from the beach/woods.
Only 15 mins drive to other beaches at Port Eynon or Horton, Oxwich Bay or Llangennith (great surfing), 15 mins to Three Cliffs Bay or 20 mins by car to Caswell, Langland.
Quality bed linen provided in the price (towels and bed linen)
Available to let all year round - 12 months and short breaks / weekends
Sorry but no smoking
Electric 4 plate cooking hob and electric oven, fridge, and full-size dishwasher in kitchen area
Quality microwave oven, toaster, kettle
Ironing board and iron, hairdryer in bedroom
Quality Le Creuset pots and pans and decent "Denby Jet" crockery
Electric, heating, Sky TV costs, cleaning materials, loo roll etc obviously all included in the price
Satellite TV (Sky HD with full sports), Blu-Ray and DVD player, widescreen panasonic 32" LCD tv, enjoy football, F1 racing, the golf, rugby, boxing, tennis or cricket - you're on holiday!
Lounge sits 3 comfortably on two brown leather sofas/armchair
Gas BBQ on rear sun patio (free gas bottles provided!)
Parking to the front door off road.
2 mins walk out of front door to the Village shop,
10 mins drive to two petrol stations.
Walk to Broughton, or Llanmadoc beaches [15-20 mins stroll]
Birdwatchers paradise - Greater Spotted Woodpeckers in rear garden
Surfing for the kids off the local beaches
Hill walking available over Llanmadoc Hill, and to Rhossili Down or Llangennith from the cottage
Superb idyllic spot away from it all and not too close to more touristy areas of Gower (e.g. Rhossili Village, Llangennith Beach) but close enough to get to them if you want